It was only a couple of weeks ago that CoolStar began teasing the imminent release of the upcoming Odyssey jailbreak for iOS 13 (previously referred to as Chimera13). The jailbreak still hasn’t been released at the time of this writing, but things appear to be falling into place rather quickly, and it’s attracting a lot of attention.
A brand-new Twitter account was created for the Odyssey jailbreak Monday afternoon, and that very same account began Tweeting a bevy of useful information regarding the devices that Odyssey would support out of the box and the features that the jailbreak would provide for its users.
Here’s what we’ve been able to gather about the upcoming Odyssey jailbreak thus far:
- Odyssey will support A8-A13-equipped devices running iOS 13.0-13.5 & iOS 13.5.5 beta 1
- Odyssey will be a side-loadable jailbreak app
- Odyssey will pre-install the Sileo package manager
- Odyssey will incorporate various themes right out of the box
- Odyssey users can install the Cydia package manager separately if they want to
- Odyssey will have experimental migration support for unc0ver users to make transitioning easy
In another Tweet, the Odyssey account said that it would be possible for users to uninstall the pre-installed Sileo package manager, a first for any jailbreak ever created by the Electra Team. Notably, users will be able to install Cydia, Installer, or Zebra as alternative or replacement package managers on the Odyssey jailbreak.
If you’re already happily jailbroken with the checkra1n or unc0ver jailbreakers, then you may not want to trouble yourself with migrating to a different jailbreak. Odyssey may, however, appeal to those who favor CoolStar’s Sileo and libhooker-based ecosystem and haven’t yet already used another jailbreak.
Are you excited about the upcoming Odyssey jailbreak, or are you sticking with what you already have? Discuss your position in the comments section below.