If you like to use your own photos as wallpapers for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, there are different ways to go about doing it. And it’s possible that you want to edit the photo first. But if you have a perfect picture and want to pop it up as your background right away, you can do it without opening your settings.
Here’s the fastest way to set a photo as wallpaper on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Set a photo as your wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
With the Photos app open and the picture you want to use selected, do the following.
1) Tap the Share button.
2) Select Use as Wallpaper.
3) Tap Set and choose if you want it on your Home screen, Lock screen, or both.
Done! Now your cool photo is right on your screen without jumping through any hoops or heading to the Settings app.
Note: You can also do this as soon as your capture your photo with the Camera. Tap the thumbnail in the Camera app and then follow the same steps.
Set a photo as your wallpaper on Mac
Open the Photos app and select your beautiful photo. Then just click the Share button in the toolbar and pick Set Desktop Picture.
Do more with Photos
Interested in other things you can do with your pictures or additional ways to use the Photos app?
- How to create an Apple Watch face from the iPhone Photos app
- How to export Live Photos as standalone videos
- How to use a new way to browse your library in the Photos app
- How to share a photo from the Photos app without sharing its location
- How to create a slideshow on Mac in the Photos app
And for getting more creative, take a look at the best photo collage apps for iPhone and iPad.
Wrapping it up
This quick and easy tip lets you pop your favorite photo right on your screen without any fuss or hassle. Do you have tricks like this that you’d like to share with our readers? If so, comment below or send us a message on Twitter!