Check out the video embedded right ahead.
Developed by Versus Evil, this is a role-playing game with a tilt towards action.
You’re in the shoes of Ivan, an adventurer who is tasked with smashing, clobbering and bashing the murderous legends of Slavic mythology. The gameplay experience doesn’t get stale after a while because the game will actually change every single time you play it.
According to Versus Evil:
The world of Yaga is a world steeped in Slavic folklore and ancient Pagan beliefs. Featuring a head-bobbing Romanian hip-hop soundtrack from Subcarpați and striking, hand-drawn 2D artwork. Yaga is an authentic love letter to childhood fables from Romanian indie developer, Breadcrumbs Interactive.
Check out the gameplay trailer below.
You have a vast arsenal of hammers and tools at your disposal to help you get through each area. The actions you partake will change the story, the main character Ivan’s reputation and even the upgrades you’ll have available to employ.
And now, a quick laundry list of the key features:
- Bludgeon the ancient monsters of Slavic folklore using a vast arsenal of hammers and tools forged by Ivan’s own hands.
- Your actions change Ivan’s story, his reputation, and the upgrades he can choose.
- Experiment in the deep forging system to make weapons like teleporting lightning hammers and hookshot pitchforks.
- Explore the combinations of talismans, magic items, blessings, perks, and curses to fundamentally change how Ivan plays.
- Multiple endings, multiple mission outcomes, random maps, random encounters, and hidden secrets mean Yaga is meant to be played over and over again.
- Ivan’s grandma just wants him to find a wife. Don’t disappoint her!
There are multiple endings, too, all based on your gameplay.
Yaga the Roleplaying Folktale for iOS is available on App Store exclusively as part of your five-bucks-per-month Apple Arcade subscription.