If you use a screen saver on your Apple TV that displays your own photos or those from Apple, then you don’t to worry about getting new images on a regular basis. But if you use the Aerial screen savers that Apple offers, you can decide for yourself when to receive new ones.
You may only want new aerial screen savers every month due to their size or perhaps you want them every day. Either way, here’s how to change how often your Apple TV checks for new screen savers to download.
Change the screen saver download timing
Wake up your Apple TV and click the Settings app. Then just follow these steps to adjust the timing for the aerial screen saver downloads.
1) In your Settings, click General.
2) Select Screen Saver.
3) Directly below the Type, which should be set to Aerial, click Download New Video.
4) Make a selection from Never, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
You can then use the Menu button on your remote to go back or just exit the Settings app.
Keep in mind that each aerial screen saver is a video and can be as large as 950 MB. You’ll see a reminder of this on that Screen Saver screen if you have aerial as the type.
More on Apple TV
For other Apple TV how-tos and articles, take a look at these:
- How to customize your Apple TV screen saver settings
- How to disable auto-play video previews on Apple TV
- The best Apple TV apps for cooking and kitchen skills
- Apple TV Channels now offers CBS All Access
- How to use Control Center on Apple TV
Wrapping it up
The aerial screen savers on Apple TV certainly are eye-catching. And if you enjoy them, then you’ll likely want to see some new ones now and then.
Are you going to have new screen savers downloaded to your Apple TV regularly? Let us know!