Whether you’ve completed music mastery or are seeking some help with your song, you can share a tune that you create in GarageBand easily and in a variety of ways.
Want to share it to your Music library and listen to it daily? Want to send it to your friend for their input? Want to export it to a disk for a physical copy? We’re here to help. Here’s how to share a song in GarageBand on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Share a song in GarageBand on Mac
You have a few different avenues for sharing your GarageBand song if you use the app on your Mac. So, open GarageBand to your tune and do one of the following.
Share to Music (earlier iTunes)
1) Click Share > Song to Music from the menu bar.
2) Complete the details for your song, including title, artist, composer, album, playlist, and quality.
3) Click Share.
After a few seconds, you’ll see Music pop open right to your song.
Share to the Media Browser
Click Share > Song to Media Browser from the menu bar. You’ll see the process as the song is sent to your Media Browser for use in other GarageBand creations on your Mac.
Share to SoundCloud
1) Click Share > Song to SoundCloud from the menu bar.
2) Log into your SoundCloud account if prompted.
3) Select Bounce at the top to share the current song. Complete the remaining details for your song, including title, artist, composer, album, quality, visibility, and permissions.
4) Click Share.
Send via email or AirDrop
1) Click Share > AirDrop… or Share > Mail… from the menu bar.
2) For either option, you’ll receive the same pop-up window. Select Song at the top and then optionally adjust the title and quality. Click Share.
3) For AirDrop, you’ll see the AirDrop window open for you to choose a recipient. For Mail, a new email window will open with your song in the body.
4) Finish the process for AirDrop or Mail and your song is shared.
Export to a disk
1) Click Share > Export Song to Disk from the menu bar.
2) Adjust the name, tags, and location of your song.
3) Select the file type from AAC, MP3, AIFF, or WAVE and optionally choose a file quality.
4) Click Export.
Share a song in GarageBand on iPhone or iPad
Open GarageBand on your iPhone or iPad, and then follow these steps to share your song.
1) On the main GarageBand screen (My Songs), tap and hold the song you want and select Share.
2) Choose Song.
3) Select the audio quality, adjust details if necessary for artist, composer, and album, and optionally choose a cover image. Tap Share.
4) Pick from your sharing options like Messages, AirDrop, Mail, SoundCloud, or Mac, and then follow the prompts to complete the sharing.
If you want to share your GarageBand song, it’s easy to do on any of your devices, and you have a variety of sharing options.
Are you going to share your musical creation with a friend or family member? Or maybe you want it in your Music app or SoundCloud library for yourself? Let us know!
Other GarageBand tips: