Just because you’re browsing your News Feed in Facebook or rereading some conversations in Messenger, it doesn’t mean you want everyone to know you’re available. You can change your status to inactive whenever you please. This way, you can use Facebook and Messenger without others knowing you’re online.
This tutorial will walk you through how to turn off your Active Status in Facebook and Messenger.
Note: Before we begin it’s important to know that you must disable your Active Status setting wherever you use Facebook and Messenger in order for this to work.
Turn off your Active Status in the Facebook app
Pop open Facebook on your iPhone and iPad and then follow these steps to disable your Active Status.
1) Tap the Menu (three-line icon) button on the bottom right corner.
2) Scroll to the bottom of the Menu screen and tap to expand Settings & Privacy.
3) Select Settings.
4) In the Privacy section, tap Active Status.
5) Move the toggle to turn off your Active Status.
6) Confirm this action by tapping Turn Off.
Turn off your Active Status in the Messenger app
Open your Messenger app on iPhone and iPad. Then, do the following turn off your Active Status.
1) Tap your profile on the top left corner.
2) In the Profile section, tap Active Status.
3) Move the toggle to turn off your Active Status.
4) Confirm this action by tapping Turn Off.
Turn off your Active Status on the Facebook website
Head to the Facebook website, log in if necessary, then follow these steps to disable your Active Status.
1) On the far bottom right corner of the screen, click the Options (gear icon) button.
2) Select Turn Off Active Status.
3) In the pop-up window that displays, you can choose to turn off that status for all contacts, certain contacts, or all contacts with exceptions. Make your selection, add details as needed for the second two options, and click Okay.
Turn off your Active Status on the Messenger website
Now over to the Messenger website, log in if you need to and then do the following to turn off your Active Status.
1) On the far top left corner of the screen, click the Settings (gear icon) button.
2) Select Settings.
3) Turn off the toggle for Active Status.
4) Click Done.
Wrapping it up
If you do a lot of chatting in Facebook and Messenger, whether in the apps or online, being able to disable the Active Status feature is something you may want to do at some point. Let yourself browse and peruse for as long as you like without being bothered by just changing your status.
Are you going to turn off your Active Status in Facebook and Messenger? Let us know!