Aligning with the latest Chimera jailbreak tool updates that were released today, the Sileo Team launched two consecutive updates for the Sileo package manager dubbed versions 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 respectively.
The Sileo Team announced both the updates just this morning via Twitter, noting some of the changes that would come in each update:
The full changelog below:
– Implement significant speed improvements to app launch
– Bring significant speed improvements to the News tab load time
– Make refreshing sources much faster
– Fix a crash when launching Sileo after deleting a repository
– Fix a crash that would occur when adding Packix as a default repository
The Sileo package manager has received a plethora of speed boosts over the course of its initial release with the Chimera jailbreak, but version 1.0.5 is presumably the fastest update yet. Sileo version 1.0.5 currently ships by default in the latest Chimera jailbreak update.
Notably, LaughingQuoll and other developers are working on a new version of Sileo that will run on other jailbreaks, such as Pwn20wnd’s unc0ver tool, and the Sileo Demo for non-jailbroken devices should soon be made available for testing for everyone else.
If you’ve installed the latest Sileo updates, how are they working for you? Let us know by dropping a comment about it below.