Maps aren’t just useful for getting you where you need to go when you’re driving or walking. Apple Maps has a wonderful feature that provides indoor maps for airports and malls. These huge locations can be tough to navigate, even if you do find a directory inside. And if you’re in a hurry to get to your gate for a flight or need to find a restroom in a hurry, Apple Maps can get you there.
Here’s how to use indoor maps for airports and mails in Apple Maps.
Use indoor maps for airports
1) Open the Maps app on your device and tap in the search box. You can enter the airport name or select Travel > Airports and then browse for the airport.
2) When you see the airport you want, tap on it.
3) You’ll then see options for things like terminals, gates, restrooms, and bag claims. Tap one to see the spots plotted on the map as well as listed for you. This allows you to select one from either the map or the list for a closer look.
Use indoor maps for shopping malls
Some shopping malls can be enormous. And if you need a restroom quickly or are just there to find a specific item, you probably don’t want to mess around with window shopping. Apple Maps gives you indoor maps for many malls around the world.
1) Open the Maps app on your device and tap in the search box. You can enter the mall name or select Shopping > Shopping Centers and then browse for the mall.
2) When you see the mall you want, tap on it.
3) You’ll then see options for things like clothes, shoes, restrooms, and food. Tap one to see the locations the map as well as in a list for you. This lets you to pick one from either the map or the list for a closer look.
Wrapping it up
The next time you’re flying on a trip or heading to the mall, remember this helpful Apple Maps feature. Indoor maps for airports and shopping malls can save you time and aggravation.
Is this a feature that you think you’ll use? Let us know!