You may not be able to travel the world as you’d like. Maybe you’ve always wanted to see cities like Paris, London, Venice, or Los Angeles. With the Flyover feature in the Apple Maps app, you can see these cities and my others while feeling like you’re actually there.
Here’s how to Apple Maps Flyover to see the world.
Using the Apple Maps Flyover feature on iPhone and iPad
Pop open the Maps app on your device and then follow these steps to use the Flyover feature.
1) Enter the name of the city, state, and country you would like to see in the search box. For a complete list of cities available with the Flyover feature, visit Apple ‘s Maps: Flyover page.
2) Once your city is found, tap Flyover.
3) You can optionally tap Start Tour and see some of the landmarks of the location. You can pause, resume, and stop the tour at any time by tapping the screen.
4) If you’re not interested in a guided tour, you can move the screen as you like as well as zoom in and out. You’ll see named spot for your location as you move about.
In addition to moving the screen with your finger, you can move your actual device to see around the city. This is a cool virtual reality type of experience.
More with Maps
For additional tips and tricks for the Apple Maps app, check out these related articles.
- How to use indoor maps for airports and malls in Apple Maps
- Apple Maps launches detailed terrain features for Arizona, New Mexico and Nevada
- How Apple Maps protects your privacy when navigating
- Apple Maps: new Flyover locations & indoor maps, turn-by-turn directions in India
- Night Maps brings a universal Dark Mode experience to various mapview-supported apps
Wrapping it up
If you want to see a gorgeous view of a city you’ve never visited, look at where exactly a landmark is, or even see your own city from above, check out the Apple Maps Flyover feature. And since new cities are added all the time, you’ll be able to see more and more.
Are you going to check out this feature? Which city or cities are you most excited to see?