Just like your iPhone or iPad, you may download apps to your Mac that you no longer need or want. Maybe it’s an app you used for a short-term project, game you don’t like anymore, or app that you just wanted to try out.
You have a few different ways to delete apps on Mac and we’ll list those out for you, so you can use whichever method you prefer. Here’s how to uninstall apps on Mac.
Uninstall apps on Mac from Applications folder
For apps that you downloaded from the Mac App Store, you can easily delete them from your Applications folder.
1) Open the Applications folder from your Dock, Finder sidebar, or click Go > Applications from the menu bar.
2) Either right-click or hold Control and click the app you want to uninstall.
3) Choose Move to Trash from the context menu.
4) If prompted, enter your system password in the pop-up box. The app will then be moved to your Trash.
Alternatively, you can select the app from the folder and drag it to your Trash.
You can delete it from there immediately if you like or have it removed when you empty your Trash.
Uninstall apps on Mac from Launchpad
To skip the Trash all-together, you can delete apps from Launchpad on Mac.
1) Open Launchpad from your Dock, Finder, or gesture as you normally would.
2) Either hold the Option key or click and hold any app. You should see the apps jiggle.
3) Click the X in the top left corner of the app you want to delete.
4) In the pop-up, click Delete to confirm the removal of the app.
Apps that do not have an X in the corner are either required for or came installed on your Mac, like Mail or Messages, or were not downloaded from the Mac App Store.
Other ways to uninstall apps on Mac
If you cannot locate the app for some reason, you can use Spotlight Search to find it. Open the search, type in the name of the app, and when it displays, hold Command while double-clicking the app. You’ll then be directed to its current location and can follow the first set of steps above to delete it.
If you downloaded the app from the internet, you can delete it from your Downloads folder. Open the Downloads folder from the Finder sidebar or click Go > Downloads from the menu bar. Then again, follow the first set of steps to uninstall the app.
Wrapping it up
If you want to uninstall apps on your Mac, it’s very simple using any of these methods. Have you run into problems trying to delete an app on your Mac? If so, what type of issue are you having? Let us know!