You don’t always have the time or opportunity to sit down at your computer to work on your resume. But these days, you don’t have to rely on your Mac. You can create and send attractive and professional resumes right from your iPhone or iPad. This lets you work on that all-important document anywhere, anytime.
These are the two best apps for creating resumes on iPhone and iPad.
Criteria and features
Here are just a few of the things we looked for when putting together this list of apps for creating resumes on iPhone and iPad.
- Helpful templates: An important part of a resume is its structure, so apps that offer templates get you off to a great start. This way, you can concentrate on the details rather than the format.
- PDF file support: Most potential employers want your resume as a PDF file. Making sure that your resume app has this option saves you from having to convert it from a different file type later.
- Tips and prompts: A resume is one of the most important documents you’ll create. So, an app that offers guidance like tips and prompts can only help and might just give your resume an edge above the rest.
If you don’t mind a few ads when you try out an app, Resume Builder+ is worth your time. Just move through each section at your own pace and add experience, education, references, an objective, and more.
Resume Builder+ notable features:
- Create multiple resumes for different positions in your industry.
- Review example resumes for help wording your own.
- Make changes to the text, style, and margins all in one spot.
When you finish your resume with Resume Builder+, just tap to send it via email as a PDF. This lets you send it directly to a potential employer or to yourself to save.
- Availability: iPhone and iPad
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for additional features, more resume styles, and ad-removal.
Resume Builder by Nobody
Resume Builder by Nobody lets you easily add your contact details, experience, education, skills, and awards. You can also choose from a selection of additional sections like affiliations, publications, presentations, and more.
Resume Builder by Nobody notable features:
- Add, edit, and rearrange the sections per your preference.
- Choose from two standard templates for free or unlock all 25 with an upgrade.
- Send, share, or save your resume as a PDF.
With Resume Builder by Nobody, you can create a very nice resume in a style that fits you.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for the Pro version, which gives you all templates, cover letters, the ability to add a photo, and custom colors.
Carry your resume with you right inside of your iOS device. You can create one, edit an existing one, and send one right away when you unexpectedly meet a potential employer. Each of these apps for creating resumes has something different to offer, so give them each a try and see which you like best. And, be sure to let us know what you pick!
Check out next: