The App Drawer at the bottom of your conversations in the Messages app can be quite convenient. You can share stickers from your favorite apps, send money with Apple Pay, send Digital Touch messages, and so much more.
But, if you would rather have the full view of the conversation screen and keyboard without the App Drawer, you can simply put it away.
Here’s how to hide the App Drawer for your conversations in the Messages app.
Hiding the App Drawer
Open up the Messages app on your iPhone or iPad and then do the following.
1) Open an existing conversation or create a new one. If you create a new one, you’ll have to enter a recipient before the next step.
2) Tap the App Store icon. Be sure to tap the one next to the camera icon, and not the one in the App Drawer because that one will open the App Store.
Boom! The App Drawer disappears!
Note that this change will apply to all existing and new conversations in the Messages app. And, you can bring the App Drawer back anytime you want by tapping that App Store icon again.
More tutorials for Messages
If you happen to be new to Messages app, maybe you just purchased your first iOS device, then take a look at these related tutorials for more tips and tricks.
- How to use stickers in Messages for iPhone and iPad
- Shortcuts focus: Message multiple recipients in separate texts
- How to mark all conversations as Read in the Messages app on iOS
- How to use Photos iMessage app on iPhone
- Three ways to share YouTube videos through iMessage
Wrapping it up
Simple tweaks like this can help declutter your Messages screen and can be handled with just a tap. Are there other tips you’d like to see us cover for Messages or another iOS app? Let us know in the comments below or share it with us on Twitter.