Listen to Cody and Sebastien give a debriefing of the event Apple held in late October. The two co-hosts give their first impressions of the new MacBook Air, the new Mac mini, and the new iPad Pros. Also some interesting discussions about the current state of the MacBook line up, as well as the impact of terrific hardware slowed down by poor software.
Results of the draft
The event as a whole
- Felt quick
- New faces
- Why New York?
- Musical performance: Lana Del Rey
- Key specs (Geekbench vs MacBook and MacBook Pro)
- Pricing and availability
- State of the MacBook line of products (old Air still available)
- Same design
- More expensive
- More geared towards pro
- New size (11-inch vs 10,5)
- Insane performance (Geekbench puts in close to 2018 MBP)
- Design: Face ID orientation, super thin, camera bump
- No headphone jack
- New Apple Pencil ($30 more)
- New accessories: Smart Folio Keyboard ($179 and $199) and Smart Folio $79 and $99)
Make sure to follow your hosts on Twitter: @SebastienPage, and @melvco, Send a tweet to @LTiOS_fm if you’d like your question to be answered at the end of next week’s podcast. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments, and suggestions below. Talk to you next week!