As expected, Apple has announced an update for its iPad Pro this morning at its New York-based event. The new features include an edge-to-edge ‘Liquid Retina’ display (similar to the iPhone XR), Face ID, and an all-new A12X Bionic CPU, which Apple says is faster than 92% of all portable PCs.
Here are some of the specs you’ll want to know:
- Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, Wide color gamut, and True Tone
- TrueDepth camera with Advanced Face ID, Smart HDR and more
- A12X Bionic chip with advanced Neural Engine
- 4-speaker audio offer wider stereo sound with woofer and tweeter pairs
- 12MP camera, improved True Tone flash, and 4K 60-fps video
- Storage options: 64GB, 256GB, 512GB and new 1TB option
- 10-hour battery life and 18-watt power adapter
- New USB-C port for charging/reverse charging/accessories
And a look at the new Smart Keyboard Folio:
And here’s Apple SVP Phil Schiller on the new iPads:
“The new iPad Pro is a huge step forward for powerful, creative, mobile computing; it has an all-new thinner design, speeds through projects with the super-fast A12X Bionic chip and unlocks with a glance using Face ID in any orientation — while you’re sitting or standing, with iPad Pro on your desk or lap, with the new Smart Keyboard Folio and new Apple Pencil,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “There has never been a mobile device anything like the new iPad Pro; it has a gorgeous edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display that curves into the corners, breakthrough performance that outperforms most laptops, Face ID, support for the new Smart Keyboard Folio and new Apple Pencil, advanced new cameras and sensors for the best AR experiences ever in any device, a high-speed USB-C connector, louder speakers, faster wireless and more, all packed into a thinner device that has all-day battery life and is 25 percent smaller in volume.”
The new iPad Pros come in two flavors: 11-inch and 12.9-inch, with silver and space gray colorways, and Wi-Fi and Cellular options. Pricing starts at $799 for the smaller model and $999 for the larger one, and both are available for order today, with shipping and in-store availability on November 7.
Be sure to stay tuned to iDB for more news and announcements from today’s Apple event.