Some App Store apps and iTunes services sometimes require a subscription to unlock more features. The iDB app for example, offers subscriptions to a monthly or annual plan via an in app-purchase. At about $10 per month, Apple Music is the perfect example of an iTunes subscription service that offers considerably more for a monthly fee.
With more and more apps and services offering a subscription, it sometimes becomes hard to keep track of all of them, and you might end up paying for things you don’t use or need anymore. That’s why it’s a good idea to keep tab on your active subscriptions and make sure you aren’t wasting money.
In this post, we will show you how to view the status of your App Store and iTunes subscriptions on either your iPhone or directly from iTunes on your computer.
How to view subscriptions status on iPhone or iPad
1) On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Settings app.
2) Scroll down to the iTunes & App Store section, tap on it.
3) Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
4) Tap on View Apple ID, and enter your password or submit your Touch ID fingerprint if needed.
5) Scroll down and tap on the Subscriptions tab.
You now have a list of your active and expired App Store and iTunes subscriptions.
How to view subscriptions status in iTunes
1) Open iTunes on your computer.
2) In the Menu Bar, go to Account > View My Account…, then enter your password to authenticate.
3) Scroll towards the bottom and look for the Subscriptions section, under Settings. This will show you how many subscriptions you have.
4) Tap on the Manage link next to the Subscriptions label.
You are now presented with your list of active and expired subscriptions.
For active iTunes subscriptions, you will see the length of it, and when it will renew next.
For expired iTunes subscriptions, you will see the date when it expired.
Now that you know how to find out what apps or services you may be subscribed to, it might be a good idea to check it for yourself and make sure you’re not paying for something you don’t use. If you are, have a look at our tutorial on how to cancel App Store app subscriptions.
If you’d like to support iDB, consider downloading the iPhone app and subscribing to a monthly or annual plan. Thank you!