The iOS Phone app makes it easy to save your voicemail to the Voice Memos app. Saving voicemails as voice memos lets you trim the audio before sharing them with others. Plus, the files in the Voice Memos app are automatically uploaded to iCloud and stay safely saved. So, if there is a memorable voicemail, you can keep it forever in iCloud.
In this brief tutorial, we show you how to save your voicemail as an audio note.
How to save your voicemail as a voice memo
Follow these steps to copy a voicemail to the Voice Memos app:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Voicemail tab at the bottom.
- Choose the voicemail message you’d like to save and hit the Share icon.
- Now select Voice Memos in the Share Sheet.
Saving your voicemail as a voice memo comes with the benefit of being able to trim the audio file in the stock Voice Memos app before you share it further.
To trim the voicemail, open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone and do the following:
- Tap the voicemail file and then tap the more button.
- Tap Edit Recording.
- Tap the crop button.
- Now, edit the parts of the voicemail and tap Trim or Delete, as desired.
- Finally, tap Save > Done to store the final edited voicemail.
If you messed up while editing, simply follow the first steps and add the voicemail again to the Voice Memos app. Alternatively, you can also Duplicate the file inside the Voice Memos app before starting to edit it.
From here, the voicemail will automatically get uploaded to iCloud and be available on your other Apple devices. For this, go to iPhone Settings > your name > iCloud and make sure Voice Memos is enabled.
Keep in mind that deleting a saved voicemail from Voice Memos doesn’t remove it from the Phone app.
Helpful voicemail tips: