I had this strange problem happening for a while on my iPhone, where I was unable to forget a Bluetooth device that had been paired before. I did have the option, but it just wouldn’t work, which led to frustrating moments of cursing and yelling at my iPhone.
But as it turned out, the problem came from the fact that my iPhone was jailbroken, and some tweak I had installed was causing the issue. When I realized that, it didn’t take long until I was able to fix the issue.
While I don’t doubt you already know how to do just that, I will show you how to delete Bluetooth devices that are connected to your iPhone or iPad, but I will also share with you how I fixed my issue at the same time so that if the problem ever happens to you, you’ll know what to do right away.
How to delete paired Bluetooth device from iPhone
Simply follow these steps to remove a Bluetooth device from your iPhone’s settings. Note that the process is the same with an iPad.
- Go to the Settings app and tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the little info icon (i) next to the Bluetooth device you want to remove.
- Tap Forget This Device.
- Confirm by tapping Forget Device.
The device should have successfully been removed from your list of connected devices. You can’t connect to it now unless you re-pair it with your iPhone.
Did the above steps not work for you, and you couldn’t remove the Bluetooth device from your iPhone?
Follow these tips in case you can’t forget a Bluetooth device:
- Restart your iPhone, and then retry the above steps.
- Restart the Bluetooth device, connect it to your iPhone, and then try removing it.
- You can also unpair your iPhone from the Bluetooth settings of that Bluetooth device. For example, I can go to the Bluetooth section on my car’s dashboard and remove my paired iPhone from there. Similarly, if you reset your AirPods or other wireless headphones, it automatically deletes all the devices it was previously connected with.
- If the problem continues, reset all settings of your iPhone. After this, you should be able to forget paired Bluetooth devices.
How to force remove paired Bluetooth devices
This trick will only work if your iPhone is jailbroken. If your iPhone is not jailbroken, then the instructions above should do the trick for you.
Follow these steps if your iPhone is jailbroken and won’t let you forget connected Bluetooth devices:
- Turn off your iPhone.
- Next, turn on your iPhone.
- As soon as you see the Apple logo, press and hold the Volume Up button. Keep holding until you see your iPhone Lock Screen. This will force your iPhone to start in Safe Mode, where all jailbreak extensions are disabled.
- Follow the instructions above to remove paired Bluetooth devices.
- Reboot your iPhone.
That is it! Hopefully, this will help you fix your Bluetooth-related problems.