TomTom, a Dutch company that produces navigation and mapping products and one of Apple Maps data providers, today released a brand new real-time traffic information and navigation app on the App Store.
Dubbed TomTom Go Mobile, the free of charge software is now available globally and shares the same user interface as the TomTom GO satnav app. The app lets you drive up to fifty miles, or 75 kilometers, every month free of charge.
Upgrade to unlimited driving are available through the In-App Purchase mechanism.
The app supports offline maps, and includes features like TomTom Traffic, superior routing and Speed Camera warnings in countries where available.
“The TomTom GO Mobile app for iPhone is made for drivers who want to experience the best of TomTom on their smartphone,” says Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director, TomTom Consumer.
“We completely rethought our mobile solution so that every driver has the chance to try navigation with TomTom Traffic. Now all iPhone owners can avoid the traffic jams and get to their destinations faster, every day.”
The app was launched on Android back in March 2015, and has since been downloaded over four million times. Go Mobile is available on the iPhone in over 150 countries, even without a network connection.
Pricing for the unlimited service starts at €19.99 for a single full year (about $22 USD), or €44.99 for three years (approximately $50 USD) of unlimited miles.
The following features are highlighted in release notes:
- World Maps—Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost.
- TomTom Traffic—Always know where delays are and whether a faster route is available.
- Speed Cameras—Drive more relaxed with speed camera alerts, trusted by millions of TomTom drivers.
- Offline Maps—Maps are stored on your device so you don’t need internet access or data roaming to plan a route.
- Points of Interest—From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
- Quick search—Find destinations faster with Quick Search. It starts finding locations as soon as you start typing.
- Navigate to Copied Addresses—Easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting it into Quick Search.
- Tap and go—Tap on your favourite destination on the map, and you’re on your way.
- Advanced Lane Guidance—Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
Users can download four or more full updates of any installed map per year via a cellular or Wi-Fi connection. On the first of every month, all users receive fifty free miles, or 75 free kilometers, which includes TomTom’s premium navigation, TomTom Traffic and TomTom Speed Cameras.
“These kilometres are not accumulated if not driven in the 30 days,” said the firm.
TomTom Go Mobile requires an iPhone with iOS 9.0 or later and is localized in English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish and Swedish.