Having the same Lock Screen customization options on the iPhone and iPad will be especially important when sharing your Lock Screen design presets.
- Apple is reportedly bringing the iPad’s Lock Screen options and design layouts on par with both iOS 16 and the upcoming iOS 17 update.
- Some iPad owners complain about the absence of the Lock Screen customization options that Apple brought to the iPhone with its iOS 16 update.
- Lock Screen widgets, wallpapers, image filters, clock customization, Focus mode linking and wallpaper gallery are all apparently included in iPadOS 17.
iPadOS 17 might bring an iPhone-like Lock Screen design
The anonymous source behind the Twitter account @analyst941 has shared new tidbits about supposed new features coming with iPadOS 17.
One of the improvements in iPadOS 17 promises to bring the same Lock Screen redesign and customization options that Apple brought to the iPhone last year with iOS 16, plus the new Lock Screen features set to arrive with iOS 17.
The iPad could get these new Lock Screen features with iPadOS 17:
- Apple’s special wallpapers, like Weather and Emoji
- Image filters and the wallpaper depth effect
- Sharing of Lock Screen design presets
- Customization for the clock style
- Focus mode linking
- Wallpaper Gallery
The tipster behind this rumor doesn’t have an established track record beyond accurately predicting the Dynamic Island feature ahead of the iPhone 14 reveal last year. Therefore, take this information with a pinch of salt.
Apple Music lyrics on the Lock Screen
Another leaker recently reported that iOS 17 and iPadOS 17’s Lock Screen will provide font size options and optionally display lyrics for Apple Music songs.
iPadOS 17 may drop support for older iPads powered by the A9/A9X processors, including the fifth-generation iPad and the very first iPad Pro models.
The Cupertino technology giant is anticipated to show off iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, watchOS 10, macOS 14 and xrOS, a new platform for the rumored headset, during the WWDC 2023 keynote on June 5.
Tutorials about the iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How to create unique iPhone wallpapers from your personalized Memoji
- How to secure your Lock Screen notifications for better privacy
- How to add a daily step counter to your iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How to see calendar events from the iPhone’s Lock Screen
- How to change the Lock Screen options of your Mac