Converting files from one format to another has always been cumbersome on the iPhone. Apple doesn’t make it easy to convert files quickly, and not all formats are supported. However, if you’re someone who deals with converting files to any format, then you’ll be happy to know that there is a way.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to convert file types on your iPhone to pretty much any format. We’ll be using third-party apps and online services to make it happen.
Convert file types on iPhone
The easiest way to convert files to almost any other format on an iPhone is to use a file converter app. There are plenty of them available on the App Store, but we’re going to use the File Converter app to show you how it’s done.
The File Converter app is available for free from the App Store, and it works with both iPhone and iPad. This app lets you convert images, video, audio, documents, eBooks, and more. Here’s how to use the app to convert file types on iPhone:
1) Download File Converter on your iOS device.
2) Launch the app and tap the ‘+’ button on the right-hand bottom corner.
3) Choose the input file from your iPhone.
4) Tap on the converters shown on the main page. To convert an image file into another format, select Image Converter from the list.
5) Select the type of output format from the list of formats.
6) Tap Start Conversion to begin the process.
Your image should be converted and saved in your gallery. Similarly, you can convert other files to nearly any format using this app. It’s easy to use and does the job. If you want to get rid of the ads that may appear in the app, you can purchase a Pro variant.
- You can also change Settings for the conversion process by selecting Settings before you start the conversion.
Use an online file converter
If you don’t want to download an app on your iOS device, then you can also use an online file converter. This would be useful for those who don’t do a lot of file conversions and only need to convert files once in a while.
Zamzar is a popular online file converter that features all kinds of converters for video, audio, documents, and others. Here’s how to convert files using Zamzar on your iPhone or iPad.
1) Launch your favorite browser on your iPhone and head over to zamzar.com.
2) Upload files that you want to convert by selecting the Add Files button on the main page.
3) Next, select the format you want to convert the file to from the dropdown menu.
4) Tap on Convert Now to start the conversion.
5) A download link will appear once the file has been converted. Click the button or link to download the converted file to your device.
You can use this online service to convert audio, documents, video, and other formats to any desired or supported format.
File conversion iOS and iPadOS
Apple doesn’t make it particularly easy to convert files on your iPhone. Yes, you can convert some documents to PDFs in the Pages app, but that’s pretty much it. If you need to convert files on your iPhone, you’ll need to either use a third-party app such as File Converter or use an online service. Both methods work flawlessly. However, it’s always better to have an app on your phone for when you need to convert a file.
You’ll also love: