Corporate executives make a lot of money. And so it’s no surprise that there are lists made to see where they stack up against one another. That makes it easy to see how one executive or another either climbs or falls on those particular lists.
For example, Bloomberg says Apple’s chief executive officer, Tim Cook, has slipped down into eighth place in the ranking of the highest-paid executives in the United States. The interesting part comes in the fact that Cook actually made more in 2020 than he did in 2019, And yet, it wasn’t enough to climb the ladder.
The report indicates that Cook made $265 million last year. As in previous years, the majority of that compensation came from stock awards and a bonus. The fall to eighth place is pretty large, as Cook was actually the second highest-paid CEO in the U.S. back in 2020.
At that time, Cook made “just” $133.7 million, and was in second after Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk, raked in $595.3 million over the same period of time.
Meanwhile, Musk remained at the top spot earning a whopping $6.6 billion. The rest of the list looks like this:
- 1. Elon Musk, Tesla ($6.6 billion)
- Mike Pykosz, Oak Street Health ($568 million)
- Trevor Bezdek, GoodRx Holdings ($498 million)
- Douglas Hirsch, GoodRx Holdings ($498 million)
- Eric Wu, Opendoor Technologies ($389 million)
- Alex Karp, Palantir Technologies ($370 million)
- Geoffrey Price, GoodRx Holdings ($356 million)
- Tim Cook, Apple ($265 million)
- Griffin Myers, Oak Street Health ($221 million)
- Chad Richison, Paycom Software ($220 million)
So, Oak Street Health is doing quite well for itself! At least, the executives are, anyway.