TikTok is a popular video social networking service, which allows users to share short clips. Although it’s been banned in some countries, millions of Americans still use the app. Several users have gained immense popularity and become influencers thanks to its reach. It is therefore important to have a good and easy to remember username on TikTok, specially if you’ve got a ton of followers.
If you’re not happy with your TikTok username, then we’ve got a simple tutorial below that’ll show you how to change it on your iPhone.
Did you know? Apple has joined TikTok
How to change username in TikTok
When you first sign up with TikTok, you’re provided with a very generic username, and it is important that you change it immediately. Most people change it to their name, but then start to dislike it. If you’re someone popular, then you’d definitely want a TikTok username that’s easy to remember.
It’s quite easy to change your username in TikTok, but there are a few things you must know before you make the changes.
1) When you change your username, your profile link will also change, which could confuse your followers.
2) Your username can only consist of letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
3) The service permits users to change the username once in 30 days.
Now that you know the prerequisites, follow the steps below to change your TikTok username on your iPhone.
1) Launch TikTok.
2) Tap on the Me tab located at the bottom right corner in the app.
3) Select the Edit Profile option here.
4) Tap on Username and enter your new name.
5) Hit Save once you’ve made the changes.
If your new username isn’t available, then TikTok will let you know when you’re typing the new name. It will also provide alternative usernames related to the one you want. Your new profile link will also be shown below.
How to change Display Name in TikTok
Apart from allowing users to change their username, TikTok also lets you make changes to the Display name. This is the name that your followers will see on your profile. Here’s how to change the Name on TikTok.
1) Launch TikTok on your iPhone and head to the Me tab in the bottom bar.
2) Tap on Edit Profile and select Name.
3) Make changes to your Name and hit Save.
Changing TikTok Username
Changing the username on TikTok is easy, but it does have its caveats, especially if you have a lot of followers. It’s best to come up with a catchy username when you first sign up with TikTok. Of course, if you really want to change it, then you can. Remember, you will only be allowed to make changes to your username once every 30 days. If you choose a wrong name, then you’ll have to stick with it for 30 days. The process to change username on an Android device is also the same. We hope this tutorial helped you out.