With social media, there are times when we post something, change our minds, and delete the post. But have you ever done this and then changed your mind again, wishing you could put the post back?
Instagram gives you a way to see and restore your deleted posts and stories. You have 30 days from the time you delete the item to restore it. After that, it’s gone for good.
So if you want to restore a post or story on Instagram and time hasn’t run out yet, here’s how to do it.
View recently deleted items on Instagram
You can see posts and stories that you delete on Instagram by navigating to the Settings area of the app. So open Instagram on your iPhone and do the following.
1) Head to your profile and tap the Menu button on the top right.
2) Select Settings.
3) Choose Account.
4) Toward the bottom, pick Recently Deleted.
You can switch between the Posts and Stories tabs at the top to view your deleted items.
Restore a deleted post or story on Instagram
Once you get to the Recently Deleted section described above, you’ll see the number of days remaining on each post and story. This is how many days left you have to restore the item before it’s permanently deleted. Here’s how to restore an item.
1) Select the post or story to view it.
2) Tap the three dots on the top right of the item.
3) Pick Restore and confirm by tapping Restore once more.
4) You may be asked to confirm that you want to restore the item. If so, follow the prompts to send the email to your account and enter the security code to verify you are authorized. Then, follow the steps above to restore the post or story.
Wrapping it up
Maybe you posted a photo or video that you didn’t think your Instagram followers would be interested in. You deleted it only to change your mind and share it with your fans anyway. If this happens today, tomorrow, or down the road, just know that you can put the post or story right back where it was. But keep that 30-day time limit in mind.
Have you ever gone through this and are now happy to know you can restore recently deleted items on Instagram? Let us know your thoughts on this feature!