That’s according to a report today from Variety, which says that six actors have joined the cast of the upcoming Apple TV+ dramedy. They will be joining Byrne, who is still set to star. The new cast members are:
- Paul Sparks (Castle Rock) is playing a character named John Breem, a “a conservative real estate developer convinced the mall will save the American family”.
- Rory Scovel (The House) will be playing Sheila’s (Byrne’s character) husband, a “brilliant and disagreeable Berkeley radical taking a long shot run at mainstream politics”.
- Lou Taylor Pucci (You) will be playing Tyler, a “tender-hearted surfer and aspiring filmmaker”.
- Della Saba (Zootopia) is playing a character named Bunny, who is described as a “meteorite of an aerobics instructor with a hot temper and an enigmatic past”.
- Dierdre Friel (New Amsterdam) is playing Greta, a “socially awkward fellow mother at Sheila’s daughter’s school who becomes her friend and confidant”.
- Ashley Liao (Fuller House) is Simone, a “student of Danny’s who is as enamored with him as she is ambitious”.
The series is described as being “set in a 1980s Southern California beach community. It follows a woman (Byrne) struggling in her life as a quietly tortured housewife who finds an unconventional path to power through an unlikely source: the world of aerobics”.
Annie Weisman is writing and serving as showrunner for Physical. Weisman picked up a major overall deal with Apple TV+ back in May of this year.
No word on a release date for Physical just yet. Are you looking forward to this one?