If you own an Apple TV, then you’re probably enjoying some of the features that came with tvOS 14. You have audio sharing, multiuser support for Apple Arcade, expanded support for picture-in-picture, and more.
But don’t overlook the aerial screen saver options. If you like to display those views from above as your screen saver, then you know that there has always been one simple setting to enable them. You couldn’t pick and choose which ones to see, but now you can. Here’s how to choose the aerial screen saver theme on your Apple TV.
Pick an aerial screen saver theme
Turn on your Apple TV and then open the Settings. We’ll show you were to go and what you can pick from for your aerial screen saver.
1) In Settings, select General.
2) Choose Screen Saver.
3) For Type, select Aerial.
4) Hit the Menu button on your remote to go back and then pick Themes.
5) You can currently choose from four different themes, each with amazing scenes:
- Landscape: Views of nature like landforms and terrains.
- Earth: Shots captured from the International Space Station.
- Underwater: Scenes of undersea animals and plants.
- Cityscape: Views of urban environments and cities.
6) Select to Show one theme or more than one to have your TV switch between them. By default, each theme is set to Show.
You can hit the Menu button on your remote to back out or the Home button to pop back to your Home Screen.
More screen saver options for Apple TV
- How to customize your Apple TV screen saver settings
- How to change how often Apple TV downloads screen savers
- How to set up Apple TV screensaver with photos from your computer
Wrapping it up
You know what they say, “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” So being able to select the type of aerial theme you want for your Apple TV screen saver is a nice improvement with tvOS 14.
What other features of Apple TV are you enjoying these days? Let us know in the comments below!