Finding a new place to live can be a job in itself. Whether you’re looking for a large family home or small apartment for yourself, you want easy tools to find the right spot. These days, you don’t have to scour the real estate section of the local newspaper searching for available rentals; just use your mobile device.
These apps for apartment and house rentals on iPhone take much of the work out of finding a place to call home. You can browse listings, get rental details, see photos and take tours, and contact landlords, all in one spot. If you’re in the market for a new place to live, this list of iPhone and iPad apps can help.
Apps for apartment and home rentals
Each of the apps in our list give you the basics you’d need. You can use a map view, filter your results, see photos, receive alerts, and contact the managers. But in addition, some apps have special features worth mentioning that we’ll note below so you can see why each stands out.
Zillow has grown in popularity over time and offers Zillow Rentals and Zillow Real Estate & Rentals. Each app works about the same. If you’re only looking to rent, you might check out Zillow Rentals first. However, if you’re interested in using it on more devices, Zillow Real Estate & Rentals is available on Apple TV and through Messages too.
Zillow Rentals notable features:
- Landlords and property managers that you contact are automatically added to your Favorites for quick access.
- Create a Renter Profile with all of your information for landlords and managers to spot you and your needs.
- Use overlays to see local businesses within walking distance of the spots you’re considering.
If you’re ready to move and need a little help finding a spot, call on Zillow.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web (Also Apple TV and Messages for Zillow Real Estate & Rentals)
- Cost: Free
Similar to Zillow, Trulia is a widely-used service with two different apps to try. Trulia Rentals is the one you want if you’re not quite ready to buy yet. Trulia Real Estate: Find Homes is great if you’re looking at both renting and buying.
Trulia Rentals notable features:
- Check out the Trulia neighborhood features like What Locals Say and Trulia Stories to get first-hand details from those who already live there.
- Use the 1-Click Request option to contact landlords and property managers without unneeded navigating.
- Search for spots by school or school district if you have kids and don’t want the worries of switching mid-year.
Trulia gives you plenty to browse and explore to find your new home.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
Zumper – Apartment Finder
With over one million listings in the U.S. and Canada, Zumper is a name you won’t forget when looking for rentals. And if you own an Apple Watch, you’ll appreciate the app’s support there too. Zumper authenticates the landlords that sign up and uses spam filters for scams and duplicates.
Zumper notable features:
- Use the handy widget to stay up to date on listings from your Home Screen.
- Check out App Clips for jumping directly to listings that interest you.
- Take advantage of Siri Shortcuts for showing you nearby listings and having Siri find apartments for you.
Zumper is another great option for finding your new home.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
HotPads – Apartment Rentals
Explore stats for the area and enjoy three different views of locations with HotPads. Along with other basics like search alerts, you can use advanced filters for apartments in senior communities and student housing.
HotPads notable features:
- Share listings with friends or family who are also looking for a place or that you plan to live with.
- Filters for those above like seniors and students in addition to low-income housing in Atlanta.
- See reviews from other users for areas that interest you.
If you plan to use a few different apps for finding your apartment rental, why not add HotPads to your collection?
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Messages, Android, and the web
- Cost: Free
Wrapping it up
You can take a lot of the work out of finding your next apartment or house rental with any or all of these apps. They each have something different than the others, but all give you the essentials you need to find your next new home.
Do you already use one of these apartment or home rental apps for iPhone and iPad? Or do you have another one you’d like to recommend that stands out? Let us know!