Those looking to do away with the round Phone app dialer buttons in favor of something a bit more rigid are likely to take a liking to a newly released and free jailbreak tweak dubbed Square by iOS developer PlatYkor.
As depicted in the screenshot examples above, Square replaces the aforementioned buttons with squarer alternatives that can be configured in a bevy of different ways depending on the user’s own tastes and preferences.
Once installed, Square adds a dedicated preference pane to the Settings app where users can configure the tweak to their liking:
Here, you can:
- Toggle Square on or off on demand
- Configure a size preference for the square buttons
- Confiture the corner roundness for the square buttons
- Set a preferred background for the buttons
- Remove the background from the buttons
- Refresh the dialer pad interface
- Enable or disable the keypad input style
- Toggle the Voicemail tab on or off on demand
- Toggle the Favorites tab on or off on demand
- Toggle the Recents tab on or off on demand
Whether or not you’re all about the square button aesthetic comes down to personal preference, and honestly, I can take it or leave it. I like that the developer provides options for setting custom backgrounds, adjusting corner roundness, and hiding individual tabs that you might not use as much from the Phone app. In any case, not everyone needs these features, so to each their own.
If you’re interested in trying Square, then you can download the tweak for free from the BigBoss repository via your favorite package manager. The tweak supports jailbroken iOS 13 devices. Please note that you may need to install the Cephei Tweak Support dependency manually via your package manager to be able to view the tweak’s preference pane.
Do you plan to give Square a try? Let us know in the comments section below.