Apple Arcade fans will soon be able to play four new games on the subscription service. Yesterday, iDB informed you about one of them, called “Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time.” Today, we’re previewing the remaining three games hitting the Arcade service soon.
They are called “Next Stop Nowhere”, “The Last Campfire” and “World’s End Club”.
We were able to learn about these upcoming releases by launching the App Store on an iOS 14 device. The App Store on iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 allows you to get a sneak peek at upcoming Apple Arcade games by selecting the Arcade tab, then tap See All Games at the very bottom.
“Next Stop Nowhere”
Created by developer Night School Studio which brought you “Oxenfree”, “Next Stop Nowhere” is billed as a road trip adventure story set in a colorful, cutthroat vision of outer space. You’re Beckett, “a simple courier living a simple life” until a chance encounter with former bounty hunter Serra throws you into an adventure you never expected (and might not survive).
The unlikely allies fly across a dusty, deadly galaxy in a race to save Serra’s son Eddy–dodging gangsters, bounty hunters, and the dangers of deep space along the way. Beckett is in over his head. How he survives—the choices he makes, the relationships he forges, the person he becomes—is up to you.
Here’s a preview trailer for the game.
- An intelligent conversation system with branching dialogue that changes your relationships and the story based on every decision
- A spaceship that comes fully equipped with his own personality
- A completely unique version of space (the outer reaches of a dilapidated galaxy) filled with colorful skies, treacherous asteroids and a several orbits to explore
- A thrilling and thoughtful narrative brought to life by a vibrant cast of voice actors
- Cross-device play through Apple Arcade
“Next Stop Nowhere” is an Apple Arcade-exclusive title available across the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Apple TV.
For further information, visit the developer website.
“The Last Campfire”
The “The Last Campfire” adventure game from “No Man’s Sky” creators Hello Games revolves around a story of a lost ember trapped in a puzzling place, searching for a way home.
- On a journey: Travel deeper into the lands beyond the dark forest and overcome the adversities before you.
- Uncover a world: Discover beautiful wilderness filled with lost folk, strange creatures and mysterious ruins.
- Light the last campfire: Find hope and carry it with you on your Journey to light The Last Campfire.
“The Last Campfire” will be releasing on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One, too.
For additional information, visit the official website.
“World’s End Club”
“World’s End Club” by Izanagigames is an action-adventure game about a dozen of 12-year old kids who embark on a 1,200 km journey. The title promises to pair a thrilling story with 2D side-scrolling action. It features simple touch controls, a cast of 12 characters, each with their own personality traits, a bunch of locations all over Japan and more.
According to developers, key player choices alter the course of the adventure throughout the branching story. Additional details are available on the developer website.
Apple Arcade availability
Apple Arcade is a video game-subscription service that provides more than a hundred games exclusively designed for Apple’s platforms in exchange for five bucks per month. The service is priced at five bucks per month, with a free one-month trial available.
The majority of titles are playable across the iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.
All Apple Arcade titles are playable without an Internet connection, serve no ads, include no in-app purchases whatsoever and sync progress across devices via iCloud. The service supports the Family Sharing feature allowing a single subscription to be shared with a family of six.
To learn more, visit apple.com/apple-arcade.