If you use Skype calls for things like interviews or meetings, you might not realize that you can record those calls instead of trying to capture everything by taking notes.
You can record audio and video Skype-to-Skype calls with a simple tap. Those recordings will then be available for you to save or share. If this is new to you, we’ll show you how to record your Skype calls in iPhone.
What you need to know about Skype call recordings
Here are several things to keep in mind if you’re planning to record a Skype call.
- You can only record Skype-to-Skype calls.
- When your call begins, your participants will be notified that the call is being recorded.
- For video calls, all streams including yours will be combined in the recording.
- For screen sharing calls, the recording will include the shared screen.
- A single call recording can be up to 24 hours long. If you’re recording a call longer than that, your recording might be split into additional files.
- If you leave the call, the recording will automatically stop.
- Your recorded call will be available for you to save, share, or listen to for 30 days.
Record your Skype calls
Open Skype, start your call as you normally would, and then follow these simple steps to record the call.
1) Tap the More (three dots) button on the bottom right.
2) Select Start Recording.
Once your caller joins, the call will start recording. That’s it!
When the call ends, your recording will be available in the chat area of Skype. To save or share the recording, just tap and hold it to display your options.
Wrapping it up
If you need to record a Skype call, you can see just how easy it is. Just don’t forget to save the recording if needed before the 30-day mark.
Are you going to give Skype call recording a try? Or maybe you already have and would like to share some tips? Let us know in the comments below!