These days, you might be using the News app on your Mac more than ever. So why not make it just that much easier to get the news you want to see?
With this list of keyboard shortcuts, you can move around the app, make it simpler to read, save stories, and more.
News keyboard shortcuts
Use these shortcuts to navigate stories, save them, or see more just like them.
- Save or unsave a story: Command + S
- Copy a link for the story: Option + Command + C
- Close a story: Command + [ (left bracket)
- Go to the next story or page: Right Arrow
- Go to the previous story or page: Left Arrow
- Go to the top: Command + Up Arrow
- Go to the bottom: Command + Down Arrow
- Suggest more stories like the current one: Command + L
- Suggest less stories like the current one: Command + D
- Follow or unfollow the current channel or topic: Shift + Command + L
- Block or unblock the current channel or topic: Shift + Command + D
Shortcuts for easier reading
These keyboard shortcuts can help you read the stories better or see the window as you like.
- Zoom in: Command + Plus Sign
- Zoom out: Command + Hyphen
- Reset the zoom: Command + 0 (zero)
- Increase the text size: Option + Command + Plus Sign
- Decrease the text size: Option + Command + Hyphen
- Hide or unhide the sidebar: Option + Command + S
- Show a magazine’s table of contents: Command + T
- Refresh the feed: Command + R
Wrapping it up
Navigating the Apple News app on your Mac is simply easier with these keyboard shortcuts. You can keep looking at the screen and move to another story or save your current one without picking up your mouse.