Streaming is wildly popular, with services like Twitch and Microsoft‘s Mixer housing a variety of talent across genres. And now one of the more popular pieces of streaming software is finally coming to Mac.
Announced today, Logitech is bringing its Streamlabs streaming software to macOS. Streamlabs is owned by Logitech, and it has a variety of different live streaming tools for streamers who want to show off what they’re doing, like playing popular games like Fortnite or Apex Legends.
Today, Streamlabs, a leading provider of live streaming tools and brand of Logitech, is announcing the availability and open beta of its all-in-one streaming and recording software, Streamlabs OBS, on macOS. Live streamers on Mac can now access dozens of features and deep customization tools to create professional broadcasts, engage with their audiences and monetize across platforms like Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook.
As far as the announcement itself, Streamlabs OBS is now officially available for Mac in a beta. It’s an open beta, though, so streamers should be able to access it without any issues. With this streaming tool, streamers will be able to engage with their audience, and create professional-looking streams. In addition to that, the Streamlabs OBS also makes it easy to monetize content shared on Twitch, Facebook, Mixer, YouTube, and other platforms.
To help streamers get off the ground, Streamlabs OBS features things like Audio Optimizer, which analyzes the streamer’s computer hardware and internet speed to promote the best possible settings for each stream.
Here are the major bullet points offered up by Streamlabs today:
- Custom Donation Alerts: Tailor-make the look of on-screen alerts and encourage donations by customizing the layout, animation, message, text, image and more
- Engaging Widgets: Over a dozen engaging widgets designed to increase viewer participation and improve monetization
- Video Encoding Optimization: A machine learning system encodes video games, giving streamers the ability to reduce CPU usage by more than 20% while retaining the same video quality
- Selective Recording: Pick and choose the sources that appear in a recorded video of your live broadcast
- Cloudbot Moderation Tools: Protect from spam in the chat or add entertaining features like mini-games, polls, loyalty points and more
- Premium Overlay Themes: Over 250 free overlay themes made from the best designers in the business
- Integrated Chat: An integrated chat window within the software to help streamers keep track of all the viewer chatter on their channel
- Merch Store: Streamlabs merch store feature gives live streamers the ability to customize an assortment of different products with their own logos and sell them on stream at no cost to them.
The Streamlabs OBS is available now for Mac. Any streamers out there going to check it out?