Rather than hearing an abrupt silence between your favorite songs in the Music app, you can have them fade in and out. This offers a nice transition between songs because as one fades out, another fades in.
While the feature to make this happen isn’t currently available on iPhone, it is available in Music on Mac. So if you play your tunes there, here’s how to fade between songs.
Enable Crossfade in the Mac Music app
1) Open the Music app on your Mac and select Music > Preferences from the menu bar.
2) Select the Playback tab.
3) Check the box for Crossfade Songs.
4) Move the slider next to the box for the number of seconds you want for the fade in and fade out.
Now when you play your songs in the Music app, you’ll hear songs fade in and out rather than just have silence between them.
Note that if you play an entire album of songs in order, Crossfade Songs is disabled by default.
Do more with your music
For additional help with the Music app, check out these related tutorials.
- How to find your loved songs in Apple Music on Mac
- How to show the iTunes Store in the Music app on Mac
- How to see what your friends are listening to on Apple Music
- How to get a playlist with your top Apple Music songs of the year
- How to manage listening history in Apple Music
Wrapping it up
Hopefully down the road Apple will bring the crossfade option to iOS. But in the meantime, you can make your music more enjoyable on your Mac.
Do you plan to use the Crossfade feature in Apple Music? Or maybe you already do and want to recommend others try it out as well? Let us know your thoughts on it below!