The Installer 5 package manager is now officially out of beta, which means that all jailbreakers now have yet another option to pick from in terms of managing their handset’s favorite tweaks and extensions.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you the steps necessary to install the all-new Installer 5 package manager on any jailbroken device running iOS 10 through 13.
How to install Installer 5
If you’re all fired up and ready to get Installer 5 on your jailbroken iPhone or iPad, simply follow the steps below:
1) Launch the Cydia app from your Home Screen:
2) Tap on the Sources tab at the bottom and then tap on the Edit button at the top right of the interface:
3) Next, tap on the Add button at the top left of the interface:
4) A prompt appears, asking you to input a repository. Enter the following URL and then tap on the Add Source button:
5) Cydia will now load the repository. When done, tap on Return to Cydia:
6) Head over to the Changes tab and tap on the Installer package at the top of the list:
7) Next, tap on the Install button at the top right of the interface:
8) Then tap on the Install option in the pop-up prompt that appears:
9) Now you will want to tap on the Confirm button at the top right of the interface:
10) When the installation completes, tap on the Return to Cydia button at the bottom:
11) Go to your Home Screen, and you should now see Installer:
Congratulations, you now have Installer 5 as a package manager alongside Cydia!
Installer 5 claims to be the fastest package manager in existence for jailbroken devices, and its feature set is rather heavy in comparison to Cydia, Sileo, and even Zebra. That said, it just might be a good choice if you run one of the supported firmware versions (iOS 10 through 13).
How are you liking Installer 5 so far? Discuss in the comments.