In its biggest redesign in years, Readdle’s beautiful Spark email client for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch has been redesigned from scratch with new features such as inbox avatars, support for iOS 13’s Dark Mode, multiple window support on iPadOS and other perks.
Right off the bat, I went to my Spark settings and tapped Personalization → Color Scheme in order to enable the new avatar option to make browsing my inbox visually easier with people’s photos and company logos next to emails. Spark’s personalization settings now come with the option to choose between Dark Mode and truly Black Mode, which the company says was created to reduce eyestrain and improve battery life.
To help fit your workflow and boost your productivity, Spark for iOS app now lets you cherry-pick email actions that will be displayed alongside the bottom of the email compose window.
And last but not least, iPad owners will be pleased to learn that Spark now takes advantage of some of the productivity enhancements Apple introduced with iPadOS, namely multi-window support that lets you open two Spark emails in a side-by-side multitasking view, the floating keyboard with QuickPath typing, new productivity gestures and more.
Here’s an overview of everything new in Spark 2.5 for iOS:
- Slick new design: Spark now feels impressively smooth, effortless, yet super powerful to help you love your email again.
- Enjoy the stylish Dark Mode: We’ve carefully selected the colors to help you work better at night and save battery life. Select the Dark or a truly Black mode in Personalization settings → Color Scheme.
- Inbox with avatars: Now it’s a lot easier to breeze through your emails with people’s photos or company logos next to the emails. Turn them on or off at will in Spark Settings → Personalization → Color Scheme.
- Customize email actions: Select which email actions are displayed at the bottom of an email to fit your personal inbox workflow better and create the experience you love.
- Multiple windows support on iPad: Open two Spark windows side by side on your iPad. Why? You could open a long email on the left and compose a response on the right, without the need of going back and forth.
- Sync of contacts on all your devices: Label an email address as an important one on iPhone and it will be automatically defined as important on your Mac or iPad.
And here’s a list of important bug fixes in Spark 2.5 for iOS:
- Fixed a rare but annoying issue with wrong email titles
- Fixed a bug where some emails disappeared during the search
- Fixed a problem with the incorrect name of video attachments
- Fixed an issue with timestamp format
- Fixed crash on watchOS 4
- Fixed incorrect email rendering for peculiar cases
- Fixed the keyboard selection in the email lists
- Improved email sync stability
Readdle, the brains behind not only Spark but also a plethora of other productivity apps for Apple devices, earlier this week updated Documents, their ultimate file manager for iOS, with such perks as support for iOS 13’s Dark Mode, multi-window support on iPad, PDF editor etc.
To learn more about Spark, visit the official website.
Spark for iOS is a free download from App Store. The iOS edition of Spark includes an excellent Apple Watch component. The Spark apps recently passed one million active users.