IGTV videos can be only viewed within the Instagram app or directly in the standalone IGTV app, but no matter which one you choose, one thing’s for sure, none of the apps allow you to download videos for offline viewing.
Unfortunately, in order to download IGTV videos to your iPhone, you will need the help of a third-party application. There are plethoras of such apps in the App Store, but in this post, we’ll use Reposter for Instagram, an app we’ve developed in house. Not only can Reposter save Instagram photos and videos, but it can also download Instagram stories to your iPhone.
Save IGTV videos to your iPhone
1. Download Reposter for Instagram from the App Store for free.
2. On your iPhone, open the IGTV app or the Instagram app and look for the IGTV video you’d like to download. For the purpose of this tutorial, I will use the Instagram app.
3. When you have located the video you want to save to your phone, tap on the “ … “ ellipsis icon, and then select Copy Link.
4. Now open the Regrammer application and paste the link you just copied into the text box, and hit the Preview button.
5. The app will load the video, which depending on its length and your internet connection, could take a while, so prepare to be patient if you’re trying to download anything over 10 minutes.
6. Tap on the blue Share icon at the bottom of the screen, and select Repost on Instagram. Just hitting this button will automatically download the video to your iPhone Camera roll.
At this point, the video is saved to your iPhone, and you will see the Instagram Share sheet popping up, allowing you to repost the video to your story of to your feed if you want to. Note that if you don’t want to repost the video, you can safely close the app.
You can now go into your Photos app and your newly downloaded video should be available.