The Dock on your iPad is just as handy as the one on your Mac. You can pop your most-used apps into that spot for quick and easy access all the time. Another great feature is having your recently-used apps in your Dock.
But for some, this is just too cluttered and may not always be so handy. For instance, just because you opened your Settings app to make a fast change, doesn’t mean you’re going to open it again soon. For these reasons, you can disable the feature.
This short tutorial shows you how to hide suggested and recent apps from the Dock on iPad.
Turn off suggested and recent apps in the Dock
Open your Settings app and then follow these simple steps.
1) Tap Multitasking & Dock.
2) Under Dock, turn off the toggle for Show Suggested and Recent Apps.
That’s all there is to it!
You’ll see the change to your iPad Dock immediately. Only the apps that you parked in your Dock will display from now on.
More iPad tutorials
If you’re looking to do more with your iPad, check out these additional how-tos.
- Using the new 2018 iPad Pro for school
- Here’s everything you can do with the USB-C port on 2018 iPad Pro
- How to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPad
- How to dock, undock, split, and merge your iPad keyboard
- The best apps to read and annotate PDF books on iPad
Wrapping it up
Whether you use your iPad for work, play, or a little of both, setting it up so that it works best for you is important. This setting can help declutter your dock and let you truly access only the apps you want from the Dock.
Do you have a particular way that you like your iPad Dock set up? Let us know in the comments below!