Have you noticed that your iPhone is asking to join new Wi-Fi networks?
By turning off one simple setting, you can prevent this from happening. Here’s how to stop your iPhone from asking to join Wi-Fi networks.
Disable Ask to Join Networks
1) Open your Settings app.
2) Select Wi-Fi.
3) At the bottom, turn off Ask to Join Networks by moving the slider.
Now, you will still automatically connect to known networks as you did with this setting enabled. But, if there aren’t any known networks available, you’ll have to select it manually rather than being asked.
More Wi-Fi tutorials
If you have additional Wi-Fi questions or are interested in learning more, check out these iDB tutorials.
- How to manually join a Wi-Fi network on your Apple Watch without iPhone
- How to quickly join a Wi-Fi network using your iPhone’s Camera app
- How to easily share access to your Wi-Fi network without revealing the password
- How to allow guests to connect to your Wi-Fi network with a QR code
Wrapping it up
Disabling the Ask to Join Networks setting should keep your iPhone from continually asking the question. What other settings are you trying to figure out on your iPhone that you need help with? Let us know and a tutorial could be on the way!