If you’re not a bartender by trade, then for your next shindig, be prepared to mix some tasty drinks for your guests. Whether it’s a minty Mojito, delicious Daiquiri, or cool Cosmo, these free cocktail and drink recipe apps for iPhone are just what you need to get the party started.
Criteria and features
Here are a few of the things we looked for when creating this list of cocktail and drink recipe apps for iPhone.
- Recipe variety: Any app that provides recipes, whether for dinners, desserts, or in this case, drinks, should have a large variety of recipes.
- Various browse and search options: You may want to recipes with a particular ingredient, those with a certain name, or go with a theme for the season. So, apps that give you different options for searching and browsing are the most helpful.
- Save and share features: When you find that perfect cocktail, you definitely want to save the recipe to make it again, and possibly even share it with a friend. These apps let you save and/or share recipes.
8,500+ Drink Recipes
If you want a massive number of recipes to choose from, then 8,500+ Drink Recipes is the app for you. Check out all drink recipes, browse by category, look by ingredient, or search for a particular cocktail.
8,500+ Drink Recipes notable features:
- Try your luck with a random drink recipe. Just shake your iPhone and discover a cocktail you’ve never tried.
- Add ingredients you have and see the drinks you can make with any of them or all of them together.
- Save your favorite recipes or share them via email, Facebook, or Twitter.
8,500+ Drink Recipes definitely gives you tons of recipes to pick from. Mix up some Jungle Boogie Punch for your party, create an Acapulco Zombie for your bestie, or stir up a Witch’s Brew in honor of Halloween. This app has all of these recipes and so much more.
- Availability: iPhone and iPad
- Cost: Free
Cocktail Flow is an attractive drink recipe app with categories to discover, top cocktails to check out, popular drinks for sticking with trends, and seasonal smoothies for nonalcoholic options.
Cocktail Flow notable features:
- View the selections for recipes based on cocktail strength or color, drink type, or moments and celebrations.
- Search for recipes with specific ingredients, by name, or cocktail type.
- Create your in-app bar with ingredients you have from spirits to fruits to mixers.
With Cocktail Flow, you can quickly save your favorite recipes or share them with others. The app lets you adjust your measurement units and language as well. If you’re looking for a drink recipe app that lets you discover cool new concoctions like a Scooby Snack, Blue Kamikaze, or a Bikini Martini, then try this one.
- Availability: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and the web
- Cost: Free with in-app purchases for holiday-themed recipes
Cocktail Royale is another great drink recipe app for iPhone that lets you browse by cocktail or ingredient, and also includes information on barware.
Cocktail Royale notable features:
- Use the in-app shopping list to track those ingredients you need to buy for the recipes you find.
- Add items to the app’s Liquor Cabinet to save for later.
- Read the histories on specific cocktails and ingredients for a bit of trivia.
Cocktail Royale does have a few extra features that the other drink recipe apps don’t, which gives it that little edge. So, if you’re ready to find out the history of a Boulevardier, Irish Mule, or Mai Tai as you make these delicious drinks, download Cocktail Royale.
- Availability: iPhone and the web
- Cost: Free
Be ready for happy hour!
The next time you host a party, holiday celebration, or after-work happy hour, be ready to mix it up with these awesome drink recipe apps. Your guests will thank you!
Are there free cocktail and drink recipe apps for iPhone that you like better than these? Share your recommendations in the comments below!