The anticipated update to Super Mario Run is now available on App Store with version number 3.0.4 and packing many enhancements such as a new Remix 10 game mode, new playable character, a whole new world of levels and more.
Major update & price cut
It was announced last week that this update was coming and would include a substantial, but temporary, price drop. The game is still a freemium download with a non-compulsory In-App Purchase to unlock the full amount of levels. Normally a $10 value, for the next two weeks this upgrade can be had for half the price at just five bucks.
When we went hands on with Super Mario Run back during its December 2016 launch, we were very happy with the gameplay even if it’s since become a bit stale with minor updates.
We’ve spent some time (maybe a little more than necessary!) trying out the new levels and game modes, have a look below.
Personally, I think the new Remix 10 game mode is exactly what this game needed. It makes it feel fresh and new again. The randomization makes it so that you will never play the same string of sections multiple times. Every play is a new challenge.
While we didn’t play far enough to unlock Daisy, we can’t wait as she comes with her own special move to jump even higher, which will really help on previously difficult levels.
Version 3.0.4 release notes
Here’s everything new in Super Mario Run version 3.0.4:
- Remix 10—Super Mario Run courses done short and sweet: In Remix 10, you’ll challenge 10 very short courses in a row. Daisy is lost somewhere along the way, so if you play enough courses you’ll be able to find her. You’ll also be able to play some extra Bonus Games and a Super Bonus Game to get various buildings for your kingdom as you run through this mode.
- Even more fun with World Star: There are some new courses to explore, including a forest, a ship packed with coins and a whole airship armada. Each course adds a whole new level of fun.
- Daisy, a new playable character, is here: And, she brought a double-jump skill with her! If you play through enough Remix 10 courses, Princess Daisy of Sarasaland will join your group of friends. Her double-jump ability lets her jump while she’s already midair.
- Listen to your favorite music with the music-play feature: Now you can listen to music stored on your device while playing Super Mario Run. Mario and his friends will wear headphones when this feature is turned on. Find some music that will get you pumped to run some courses.
- New buildings for Kingdom Builder mode: You may earn brand-new buildings from the Bonus Games in Remix 10. Try to get as many as you can.
Thankfully, the way opponents are selected for Toad Rally has also been adjusted so now there’s less of a chance you’ll play against someone whose Toad population is significantly different from yours.
Pick it up
You can pick up the game for free on App Store, with all In-App Purchases temporarily half price. If you’d like, you can also check out our original hands-on video of all the great features and gameplay options of Super Mario Run we recorded at launch.
Let us know what you think of the update down below in the comments. With this new content, is it enough to make you jump on board and try it yourself?