If you use your iPhone to keep a digital record of information about your health, known as your Medical ID, then you should also know you can use your iPhone’s Health app to sign up as an organ donor.
We know this isn’t for everyone, and you should seriously consider whether or not this is for you before you just go in and blindly sign up, but if you want to register as an organ donor from your iPhone then we’ll show you how in this tutorial.
Registering as an organ donor in the Health app
To get started, follow these steps:
1) Launch the Health app on your iPhone and open the Medical ID tab.
2) Scroll all the way down until you see the Organ Donation section and tap on the red Sign Up with Donate Life button.
3) Next, fill out the form with your valid information, then tap on the red Continue button at the bottom of the form.
4) Afterwards, you’ll be asked to confirm your registration. To follow through with your signup, tap on the red Complete Registration with Donate Life button.
5) The Health app will now let you know that you’re successfully signed up. You can tap on the red Done button to dismiss the message and you can even share your decision with friends and family using the button below it.
Un-registering as an organ donor in the Health app
If you changed your mind and you want to unregister yourself as an organ donor from the Health app, this process is also simple. Just follow these steps to unregister yourself:
1) Launch the Health app on your iPhone and go back to your Medical ID tab.
2) Scroll all the way down to where you see the Organ Donation Registry section and tap on the red Edit button.
3) From the next interface, scroll all the way down the bottom once again, and this time tap on the Remove Me cell.
4) You will now be asked to confirm your removal from the organ donation list. Tap on the red Remove Me button to complete your request.
5) Finally, tap on the red Done button to save your choice.
Keep in mind that if you’ve signed up to be an organ donor somewhere else in your lifetime, then using the Health app to unregister as an organ donor will not remove you from those lists.
This app is self-contained and made to work with the Donate Life program only, so it can only add and remove you from the Donate Life list and not any others you may have signed up for.
If you wanted to add or remove yourself as an organ donor in the Heath app, did you find this tutorial helpful? Let us know in the comments below!