You can use the Reminders app built into your iPhone or iPad to remind yourself to do things at certain times throughout the day, but it can also be used for location-based reminders. Among these, you can have the app remind you of things when you get in or out of your car. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how you can set your Reminders app to do this.
This feature comes in handy when you’re out and about, because when you’re busy, you’re the most likely to forget the things you were supposed to remember since there are distractions everywhere you look.
As long as you’ve got that, you can follow these steps to set a car-based reminder:
1) Launch the Reminders app and make a new reminder.
2) Tap on the blue “i” button on the right side of the reminder.
3) Toggle on the Remind me at a location switch.
4) Once enabled, tap on the Location cell.
5) Give the list a few moments to populate, and you’ll see options for getting in or out of your car:
6) Select the one you want, and iOS will apply it to your reminder.
In case you were wondering, the process is exactly the same on your Mac. The Reminders app looks nearly identical on the Mac, so you shouldn’t have any trouble translating this tutorial to Mac if you needed to.
- Setting up repeating reminders on iOS and Mac
- How to convert an email into a reminder
- Sharing reminder lists is super easy, here’s how
Having the ability to remind yourself to do something as you get in or out of your car is a powerful feature to have. Now, you know how to make sure you remembered something before you even leave the parking lot.