Siri on iOS enables a more intelligent Spotlight Search with proactive suggestions that make your device more helpful even before you ask.
These Siri-powered suggestions automatically appear in Spotlight upon swiping down on any Home screen, offering suggestions for apps that you launch at specific times of the day, people you tend to contact at specific times and more. You’ll also see suggested news and nearby places such as restaurants, gas stations, retail stores and more.
However, some people find this additional content distracting and useless. If you would like to use Spotlight Search without Siri Suggestions, this quick post will teach you how to disable the feature with just a few taps.
How to turn off Siri Suggestions in Spotlight Search
1) Launch Settings on your iOS device.
2) Scroll down to and tap Siri & Search.
3) In the Siri Suggestions section, move the slider for Suggestions in Search to the OFF position.
That’s it, suggestions for relevant people, apps and other items will no longer appear in Spotlight Search so you will get a clean search experience, as seen below.
This toggle will turn off Siri Suggestions both when accessing Spotlight Search by dragging down from the middle of any Home screen and by dragging right from the Home screen to show Spotlight.
You might also be interested in the following tutorials that cover Spotlight:
- How to prevent Spotlight on iOS 9 from searching certain apps on your iPhone
- How to convert units and currencies and get exchange rates with Spotlight Search on iOS 9
- How to search within third-party apps using Spotlight on iOS 9
- How to solve math problems using iOS 9’s Spotlight Search
Spotlight Search in iOS and macOS takes advantage of Apple’s web crawler service, called Applebot, which indexes the web for related content.
Submit your feedback and tutorial ideas at [email protected].