Gameloft’s super-popular arcade racing title, Asphalt 8: Airborne, has received a major holiday-themed update in the App Store today, bringing out tons of new content. For the first time ever, the Lamborghini Egoista makes an appearance, not just in Asphalt but in any video game for that matter. You can unlock this amazing car, as well as the exclusive McLaren 570, Mercedes SLK 5 and more, in the new racing events starting December 18.
The new Area 51 track lets you race your friends in “the world’s most top-secret racing facility” and across three new winter-themed tracks. There’s a new tag racing mode that provides the opportunity to experience the thrill of racing with three different cars in a single race, and many other perks in this update (hint: 3D touch) to Gameloft’s freemium racing title.
Asphalt 8: Airborne changelog
Here’s what’s new in the version 2.2 update:
- New location: Enter Area 51, this world’s most top-secret racing facility. Look out while flying—you’re not alone in the sky.
- R&D series: Two speed machines will be revealed via R&D. Stack up amazing and exclusive rewards, while test-driving those beasts to the max, to make them yours.
- 15 new cars: Alongside the Lamborghini Egoista, the Lamborghini Astern, Renault Sport R.S. 01, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) and 11 other sports cars will be revealed. Look for each one, coming out over the next days & weeks.
- New game mode: Make the switch in the brand-new Tag Racing mode. Experience the thrill of racing with three different cars in one single race.
- 3D Touch controls Experience a new way to drive, exclusive to iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
- Holiday tracks: Feel a cold rush as you streak across 3 winter-themed tracks.
Asphalt 8: Airborne requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 6.1.6 or later. The game is also available on the fourth-generation Apple TV and provides a simple app for the Apple Watch to stay on top on the latest news about the in-game events, challenges and more.
The app is localized in English, Arabic, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese and Turkish.