Flexibits’ calendar app, Fantastical for iPhone, was updated yesterday in the App Store with expanded support for pressure-sensing 3D Touch technology on the new iPhones, going beyond Home screen shortcuts that developers added last month.
Now iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus owners can use Peek and Pop commands in Fantastical to preview upcoming events and reminders without leaving the main view, or jump straight into them from the preview by pressing the screen a little harder.
Peek and Pop
Peek and Pop commands in Fantastical’s iPhone edition are limited to your main list of upcoming events and reminders. Press firmly on an item to preview it, and then drag the finger upward to reveal additional options like Edit, Duplicate, Move and Delete.
As shown below, some events have other commands available. For instance, today is Sébastien’s birthday but Peeking that event only reveals the Duplicate option. This is as it should be because that event was automatically added to my birthday calendar based on my Contacts data and cannot be changed or edited manually.
Fantastical 2.5.2 changelog
In addition to Peek and Pop, the following bug fixes, refinements and enhancements are now available in Fantastical’s iPhone app:
- Added Peek and Pop to preview events and reminders for iPhone 6s
- Added customization settings for Fantastical’s Apple Watch complication to show the current date or the next upcoming event or reminder
- Search now more clearly shows when there are no matches
- Today widget now respects system text size setting
- Fixed an issue where opening a location in Google Maps would sometimes not show the correct result
- Fixed an issue where completed reminders would appear for too long on Apple Watch
- Fixed not being able to change the repeat rule for some events
- Various fixes and improvements
This update is free for existing users of the app.
Speaking of 3D Touch, a number of popular iPhone applications recently rolled out support for 3D Touch, including Google-owned traffic and navigation app Waze which yesterday gained 3D Touch Home screen shortcuts, and Facebook-owned WhatsApp which last month implemented Peek and Pop commands.
Fantastical for iPhone requires an iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 7.0 or later and is localized in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.