So, you got a new Apple Watch, either as a gift from someone else or to yourself, and forgot the passcode you set up. Now what?
Well, you’ll need to reset your Watch and luckily you can do this two different ways. Here’s what to do if you forgot your Apple Watch passcode.
Reset Apple Watch with your paired iPhone
If you have your paired iPhone in hand, resetting your Apple Watch starts with the Watch app. So, open it up and follow these steps.
1) Go to the My Watch tab.
2) Tap General.
3) Scroll to the bottom and select Reset.
4) Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings.
5) Confirm the action. You may be prompted for your Apple ID password.
After the process completes, set your Watch up once again. And when asked, restore it from backup and you’ll be back in business quickly.
Reset Apple Watch without paired iPhone
If you don’t have your paired iPhone nearby, you can still reset your Apple Watch from its charger.
1) While on the charger, press the button on the side of your Apple Watch. (This is the button you would use to access the Dock on your Watch.)
2) When you see the Power Off option, press and hold on the Watch screen.
3) Tap Erase all content and settings.
Just like the steps above when using your iPhone, set up your Watch again and restore from backup when asked.
More Apple Watch help
If you’re wondering how to do other things with your Apple Watch, you can check out our Apple Watch User Guide or one of the tutorials below.
- How to transfer an Apple Watch cellular plan to a new device
- How to pair an existing Apple Watch with a new iPhone
- How to speed up Apple Watch software updates dramatically
- How to use the enhanced Apple Watch Siri face
- How to use the ECG app on Apple Watch
Wrapping it up
Now that you have reset your Apple Watch and hopefully restored it from backup, make sure to keep that passcode tucked away somewhere safe and easily accessible. Put it in your Apple Notes or favorite notes app.
Are there any struggles you’ve been having with your Apple Watch? If so, let us know and it might just turn into an iDB tutorial!