Gameloft on Wednesday pushed a holiday-themed update to its freemium racing game for the iPhone and iPad, the insanely crazy, action-driven Asphalt 8: Airborne.
The Winter update brings eleven new cars, including the Tramontana XTR and Arrinera Hussarya, a brand new challenging location to put your driving skills to the ultimate test, pro kits and a brand new token system.
As Asphalt 8 is a free-to-play game with In-App Purchases to upgrade your vehicles, designers have created the new token system to help players earn new cars, get boosters and refill fuel.
You can earn tokens by playing events or you can — need I say more? — buy them for real cash in the in-game shop.
The video gives a sneak peek of what to expect in this update and if you watch it you’ll notice some new winter-themed tracks that look quite nice and challenging.
Asphalt 8: Airborne 1.7.2 changelog:
- Pro kits: Take your car’s stats to the limit… then break clear through to the sky.
- 11 new cars: For the first time ever in a video game, drive the Tramontana XTR and Arrinera Hussarya along with other amazing speed machines.
- New location: Race, compete and survive the craziest and most challenging tracks we’ve ever created.
- Holiday rush Feel the winter spirit by burning rubber on 3 winter-themed tracks.
- New token system: Nothing is beyond your reach now! Earn tokens to acquire exclusive cars, refill Fuel or buy Boosters. Stock up on tokens by playing events or purchasing them in the Shop.
The massive 1.15-gigabyte download supports any iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with iOS 5.1 or later.