Alongside iOS 8, the App Store received a number of improvements, including video previews and support for app bundles. And with yesterday’s release, several app bundles popped up in Apple’s digital storefront, so we’ve decided to roundup a few worth checking out.
To give you an idea of how this works, among our list is the Runtastic Cardio Pack, which includes 5 iPhone apps made by runtastic that are meant to track various fitness activities. Individually, these apps would cost you $16, but the bundle is just $8—a 50% savings.
- Runtastic Cardio Pack – Runtastic is a popular name in the world of fitness apps, so if you’re in the market, this bundle deserves a look. It includes 5 apps: Runtastic Pro GPS, Runtastic Road Bike PRO GPS, Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor & Pulse Tracker PRO, Runtastic Pedometer Step Counter & Walking Tracker PRO, and Runtastic Altimeter PRO—each of which specializes in tracking a specific activity. Standalone app price is $15.95. Bundle price is $7.99.
- Pixite Photo Kit – Pixite is the maker of several photo editing applications, may of which have been featured by Apple. This bundle includes 5 apps: Union, Matter, Fragment, Tangent and LoryStripes, and they each bring their own set of editing tools and special effects to the table. Standalone app price is $9.95. Bundle price is $7.99.
- Ultimate Productivity Bundle by Readdle – Readdle is a highly regarded developer of mobile productivity tools, and it’s including 4 of its top apps is this bundle: PDF Expert 5, Printer Pro, Scanner Pro, and Calendars 5. This group of apps will have you printing, scanning, and organizing like a pro. Standalone app price is $26.96. Bundle price is $19.99.
- Angry Birds: Ultimate Slingshot Bundle – Rovio’s staggeringly successful Angry Birds franchise really needs no introduction—these are some of the most popular mobile games of all time. Here is your chance to own 4 of the most successful games from the series: Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Space, and Angry Birds Star Wars. Standalone app price is $3.96. Bundle price is $1.99.
- FINAL FANTASY 6+1-in-One – Square Enix’s Final Fantasy series is another popular franchise, which developed quite the following on consoles. Its mobile ports of the fantasy role-playing games have received fairly positive feedback from fans, and this bundle includes 7 of them: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. Standalone app price is $97.93. Bundle price is $69.99.
- The EPOCH Bundle – Epoch and Epoch.2 are two post-apocalyptic robot combat games, well known for their intuitive touch controls and stunning graphics. They’ve garnered countless awards over the years, and are both included in this bundle. Standalone app price is $7.98. Bundle price is $5.99.
- Modern Combat Pack – If you were to ask a group of iOS gamers to name some of the top FPS titles in the App Store, odds are that Gameloft’s Modern Combat would come up more often than not. And with console-quality graphics and movie-like story lines, it’s not hard to see why. This bundle includes the 3 most recent MC games: Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation, Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, and Modern Combat 5: Blackout. Standalone app price is $20.97. Bundle price is $9.99.
- League of Evil Trilogy – League of Evil is an action platformer that tasks players with using a combination of jumping, double-jumping, air dashing, and wall climbing to make their way through increasingly-difficult levels. This bundle includes all 3 games from the franchise: League of Evil, League of Evil 2 and League of Evil 3. Standalone app price is $5.97. Bundle price is $3.99.
- Productivity Widget Bundle by Avanio – Many of you probably haven’t heard of Avanio, but jailbreakers will certainly recognize the name of founder Alan Yip. Yip created ProWidgets and several other popular tweaks, and he’s used his skills to create 3 new widgets for iOS 8: Agenda+, Forecast+ and Paste+. The first helps you stay on top of your calendar events and reminders, the second is a beautiful weather widget, and the third is a powerful copy/paste tool. Standalone app price is $6.97. Bundle price is $4.99.
Note that if you already have an app included in a bundle, Apple offers the option to ‘Complete Your Bundle’ for a cheaper price like it does with other iTunes content. Also note that there are other bundles available, and you do not have to be on iOS 8 to purchase them.