Yesterday, my colleague Joe Rossignol’s well-received daily App Recap column touched briefly on a few newsworthy discounts on premium Mac games such as SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition, BioShock Infinite and Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Turns out the price drops are actually part of Aspyr’s broader promotion, with additional premium titles like Star Wars games, along with Civilization V: Campaign Edition, Borderlands 2 and The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, being offered half price for a limited time.
Your iTunes download links follow right after the break…
Again, each title is listed with a limited-time 50 percent discount.
- BioShock Infinite [now $15, regularly $30]
- Borderlands 2 [now $10, regularly $20]
- Call of Duty: Black Ops [now $20, regularly $40]
- Civilization V: Campaign Edition [now $15, regularly $30]
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition [now $5, regularly $10]
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition [now $10, regularly $20]
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [now $8, regularly $16]
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast [now $5, regularly $10]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [now $5, regularly $10]
Apple has featured all nine games in the Mac App Store’s “Amazing Games, Amazing Prices” section. You’d be wise to check out Aspyr games on Steam as the service last weekend kicked off its Summer Sale promotion.
Moreover, Aspyr is offering the complete Borderlands and BioShock Mac collection through Game Agent. And if you enjoyed Bioshock Infinite, take a look at the game’s fascinating use of baptism (spoiler alert: the article reveals the ending) and American history.
As a bonus, fans of the Civilization series will love Culture and Tourism features in the forthcoming Civilization V expansion, Brave New World, coming soon to the Mac.
Speaking of Civilization, Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 is slated to arrive next Tuesday as a mobile exclusive release via the publishing label 2K Games.
Before signing off, let me just remind you that Halfbrick Studios continues to offer a bunch of its iOS games free of charge, including Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.
Meanwhile, Electronic Arts’ massive 99-cent sale on more than 50 iPhone and iPad games is still alive while Feral Interactive is now offering BioShock and BioShock 2 for Mac for just $5 each, down from their regular price of $20.