Rockstar’s wildly popular Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is now available in the App Store. The game, which first launched on the PlayStation 2 all the way back in 2004, is now available on both the iPhone and iPad.
Rockstar says that this is their biggest mobile port ever. The game features over 70-hours of gameplay, enhanced visuals, and—for the first time ever—support for Apple’s new Made-for-iOS controller technology in iOS 7…
From the App Store description:
Five years ago, Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas, a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.
Now, it’s the early 90’s. Carl’s got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.
Video courtesy of TouchGameplay (NSFW):
And some of the game’s top features:
– Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
– Enhanced for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
– Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers.
– Cloud save support for playing across all your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
– Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
– Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
From what I’ve seen thus far, Rockstar has another solid port on its hands. The graphics look good, the soundtrack is [of course] good, and the game plays well once you get used to the controls (which are also customizable).
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is universal for both the iPhone and iPad, and supports the iPhone 4s+, iPad 2 or later and the 5th gen iPod touch. If you’d like to check it out, it’s now available in the App Store for $6.99.