Apple is hiring a Lyrics Curation Manager to lead a team of ‘Lyrics Curators,’ likely to work on the new song lyrics feature in iOS 10’s Music app. The job listing, first spotted by MusicBusinessWorldwide, was posted to Apple’s website within the last week.
The position calls for someone with excellent writing skills, music knowledge, and attention to detail, as well as a passion for technology and experience writing lyrics. They must also have experience with managing complex teams and using complicated tools.
The Content Curation team is responsible for maintaining the very best user experience possible around content. We are responsible for filtering out the content our users don’t want, organizing the content they do want so it’s easy to find, and fixing, or sending back to our partners to fix when appropriate, anything that doesn’t match our style guide, resulting in immaculate media and metadata. We’re data driven and automation minded.
- Experience managing complex teams
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible individual with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including extensive knowledge of Excel and/or Numbers
- Must be resourceful, adaptable, creative and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Must be willing and able to learn new and complicated tools and processes, while simultaneously contributing to the constant evolution and streamlining of those processes.
- Big plus for experience with lyrics
We’re looking for a manager to lead a team of lyrics curators with excellent writing skills, music knowledge, and attention to detail. Passion for technology and a will to question the current workflows with the mindset to improve tools and processes. General understanding, love, and ideally, experience in writing lyrics.
A very similar job listing for “Music operations — Lyrics Curator” was posted back in June. For those running on iOS 10 beta, the Lyrics feature can be accessed in the Music app from the ‘…’ menu while playing a song. At this time, it’s only available for select tracks.